Friday, April 1, 2011

Virtual World Client Imprudence and "The Inworldz Grid" Part 3(c)

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Well I dropped into IW last night, and was again at 2 FPS, but this morning I was at 22 to 27 FPS / LOL :_) Anyways I took the time to tweak my shape and experiment with the different free-bee's I picked up yesterday. One thing that was very cool, the shape I chose and hair were both Modifiable. So with the help of a pose stand and some patience, I was eventually able to achieve a more than acceptable look.

    Kudos's to the Imprudence Viewer during this editing process. The camera controls are extremely smooth and accurate. I even found it easy to edit linked pieces of my new hair style, jewelery and shape as well.











 
  
     I decided to start exploring the landscape and builds, unfortunately a crash soon followed during a TP attempt. Not to be deterred, I logged back in, keeping in mind what SL was like back in 2005 & 2006, this was a regular occurrence back then. Upon logging back in I had to reattach my hair, shoes, AO and jewelery, and the outfit I had saved was nowhere to be found. So I would have to make an educated guess that the IW inventory system is in need of some TLC, indeed.

    One thing I found to be quite refreshing about InWorldz, is the abundance of water, rivers and lakes. Quite a contrast to the mostly ugly Main Land in SL. IW seem's to come across as a very serene, scenic artistic community of builds.










































    Search is no less broken than the current state of same in SL.














  But to be honest with you I'm giving this series until Sunday before I am finished. Next Week I will be exploring the SpotOn Grid via the Phoenix Viewer, until then stop back tomorrow and Sunday for the conclusion of my exploration of the Open Sim based InWorldz

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: