Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Version of Phoenix Viewer "Dang This Thing is Crashing Like Crazy"

By Avatar JayR Cela

     I not exactly sure what's going on with this newest version of the Phoenix Viewer.

     It's eating memory like chocolate chip cookies, has got to be a very serious leak in the code. It may be my version of Linux, UbuntuStudio. I recently switched to 11.04 and have had a number of issue's that are just driving me crazy. So maybe a switch back to 10.10 will fix things.

     But seriously, the problems with audio stream's are still there, and I'm really getting tired of having to delete a folder and file, replace them with one's from the 1.5.1.373 version.

     Maybe it's just my rig. But this is getting old, fast. If your a Linux user and have some suggestion's, I would really appreciate some help.

JayR Cela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Windows 7 user) I'm having major crashing and lock up issues with phoenix viewer and it's really annoying when I'm trying to do texture work...

Unknown said...

On the other end of the spectrum, I am seeing much stability in 1102 under Ubuntu 10.04. I've heard of problems with 11.04 and so I'm steering clear of it for now.

And if you didn't do an absolute clean install following the steps in http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall then shame on you :)

xValleriex said...

Haha, Thats Exactly why I Dont wanna Upgrade to the Newest Version of Phoenix Viewer, You gotta delete this & That & Of Course this BlahBlah & Then when you download the New ones suddenly you go like OH SHIT! For some reason It wont Work OR It Gives something Worser than the Latest Version, Like mine I Downloaded it FAILED, I Deleted Every Previous Files FAILED, Un-installed every Viewers & Everything About Secondlife.. EPIC FAILED *FACEPALM* Luckily i Didn't deleted my Recycle Bin So i still Have The Latest Phoenix Viewer, & Re-Installed it Again LOL, I Cant Believe I Wasted an Hour on Some Shit that Will Never Work, I Even did the Clean Re-install 3 Times It wont let me Run the File ROFLMAO!