Monday, June 20, 2011

The Phoenix FireStorm Beta Viewer "Day 2" "Second Impressions" "Kick Ass !"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Ok I'm still exploring all the feature's of this wonderful new Viewer for SL, it's gonna take at least several more day's to do a full review.

    I'm using the Windows version, mainly because, I am experiencing a problem with Linux and playing Audio Streams. I'll get around to figuring that out at a later time, it's not important to me right now.

    But I got to tell ya, this is one killer product. I can finally Mute Group Chat's. I can also read all my old 1.x Viewers saved SL Log File's. And as far as speed goes, even on my ageing computer, it's pretty darn quick. As an example I took a pop back on over to SL8Birthday event today. Everything rezzed quickly, the amount of lag, was minimal to say the least. Even in a relatively busy sim.



















 

 I was still getting a very acceptable a 10 to 13 FPS



















 
     I could instantly open and work with 2 separate inventory windows, and the camera controls are absolutely a dream to use. No longer will you have to put up with the over sized way to large and pretty much worthless version the standard LL V2 offers.

    I have not tried building anything with FireStorm Beta yet. But my general impression is that this version of the V2 based code will go a long way towards getting people to finally accept it as the standard and abandon the older 1.x based viewers all together.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: