Saturday, September 3, 2011

Virtual World Technology "Explained My Way"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Ok here I go again redefining the purpose of this Blog, it's purpose has evolved over a period of time, originality started in November of 2007 to cover what I thought at that time was going to be what is now called Hyper Grid, I wrote a grand total of 7 Post's.

    Whoop-de-Doo , shortly afterward's I realized that LL would never allow this to happen.

    I put it on the shelve and completely forgot about it. That was until July of 2010 and the introduction of the SecondLife Viewer2 project. I really wanted to make a difference. However after a rather drawn out period of time it became obvious to me that covering V2 now V3 was a waste of time, for one reason, and one reason alone.

    The User Interface of V2 - V3  is very poorly designed, at least for my need's and my own personal opinion only holds sway unto myself. I don't like it. As a mater of fact I refuse to even load the darn thing without first applying Hitomi's StarLight Skin mod. Moving on to my next topic.

     The other day, I had a wonderful time with my nephew, downloading and installing Dragon Nest. I intend to try out quite a few more Virtual game's in a similar genre.

     There are new Virtual World's and Game's popping up like crazy everywhere. So I intend to cover as many of them as I am capable of with the equipment I have at hand.


Operating System
MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Pentium 4 550
Prescott 90nm Technology
RAM
3.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 199MHz (3-3-3-9)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0J3492 (Microprocessor)
Graphics
GEM GL-821A (1280x1024@72Hz)
256MB GeForce 8400 GS (EVGA) 65 °C
Hard Drives
244GB Maxtor Maxtor 7Y250M0 (SATA) 59 °C
Optical Drives
NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A
HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B
Audio
Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)

    As you can easily see, it is quite dated.

    I really do appreciate the fact that this tiny Blog has a following of 62 loyal readers.

    There is no advertising from outside sources here for good reason, they annoy the heck out of me when I read other folk's blog's. So there wont be any of that sort of crap here.

    I write this blog because I enjoy doing something positive, in a RL World so full of hatred, disgust, war's, crazy politic's...............

     To me this is a medium of escapism, and I fully intend to explore as many new Virtual World's as my old worn out computer is capable of.

*Bigg Huggs* and TYSVM for reading.

JayR Cela :_)



   

No comments: