Monday, January 2, 2012

SecondLife : A Closer Look At Exodus Beta6 : Combat RP Viewer

By Avatar JayR Cela

    I have to admit, that I am totally hooked on FireStorm and Phoenix as my SL Viewers of choice, and I have stated in the past that I have no interest in Combat RP. However the Exodus viewer is defiantly worth the time to download and install. As the V3.2.x series of various viewers are concerned, this one ranks right up there near the top when it comes to flexibility and customization. I'm just going to provide some screen shots today.

    Will I use it ? Probably not, I just don't have a need for all the features and screen clutter. Besides FireStorm in my opinion is much better suited for my needs, and if I want all the fancy photography extra's, Niran's Viewer, at this point in time would easily be my first choice.

    On the other hand, if you are a Combat Role Player, then there currently is nothing available that even comes close to the dizzying array of features available with this viewer.





















  

















JayR Cela :_)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2011/12/exodus-second-life-viewer-after-kirstens-viewer/comments/page/2/#comments

Niran has said Exodus has outdone them alreadyfor visuals. Its still an awesome viewer though. All viewers have a use for something. Good ones anyway.

-koopa

JayR Cela said...

Hi there, Anonymous

Don't count NiranV out of this race, she may be a few days behind the Exodus viewer in graphics capabilities for now. But in my opinion I think that the User Interface of any V3.2.x based TPV that uses the LL style, (although miles ahead of the old V2 UI) are just not up to snuff.

When you compare the Niran viewers superior UI, or FireStorm's for that matter, both of them make the LL design look rather inadequate.

I know it's a matter of personal taste, but I just do not like the UI

JayR Cela