Thursday, February 21, 2013

SecondLife : Server Team ~vs~ Viewer Team : Lets Hope We Finally Get Some Cohesion Here

By Avatar JayR Cela

    If you have ever worked in IT, you may well know a lack of communication between the 2 department's. On one hand your have people working on the Client Side, and other people working on the Server Side.

    Sometime's 1+1 does not always = 2

Right now, at least by my observation's and personal opinion's, for the past several years the 2 of them have not always co-existed in a cooperative environment.

     In other words the left hand does not always know what the right hand is doing.

     Look's as if things may be changing soon.

     As far as I can tell, Rodvick Linden was an excellent choice for CEO, and yes if you do some research he has trimmed back some employee's of the Old LL staff and replaced them with former colleagues from Electronic Art's. ( Whats so bad with that ? ) Getting rid of dead weight, on a sinking ship ?

     When I read the Forums, and read various blog's devoted to SL, I seem to feel a lot of negative energy, as to moving forward. And I do talk to a number of people. People gotta lighten up in their attitudes, and stop being so critical. If I was able to attend more of the LL meeting's I would, if you can, I would encourage you to do so. Here is the link to the official schedule.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

     My personal opinion, is to let Andrew and Maestro and Oz Linden just do their thing, that's what they were hired for.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: