Sunday, January 5, 2014

Virtual Worlds : Linux : Getting Comfortable with a Command Line Enviornment

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Getting around in a Linux environment can be a lot of fun. I would encourage anyone with some extra hard drive space to try it out. It will require some sort of familiarity with the Command Line. Once you are feeling your way around and get comfortable with it, an entirely new world will miraculously open before your eyes.

    Yes I'm pushing Linux, if ya wanna get hooked, keep following this blog as I explore Sabayon and Debian, and eventually Mint, I'm just waiting until the next release. Debian and Sabayon are Rolling Distro's, Install once, and maintain, Debian is a whole lot simpler to understand than is Sabayon, but I like both of them. So who knows, and sometime around April or June of this year a new LinuxMint with Mate & Cinnamon should be out and about. Installing Mint Linux is a total no-brain required process, Sabayon and Debian require some back end knowledge. If you are willing to learn something new, by all means dive right in.

    This Blog will mainly be focused on the Linux Platform, CinnaMateStudio, OS and Game Emulators from here on out. I'm not sure how much time I can devote to SecondLife, OSGrid, or OpenSim but I can assure you that I will be delving into all 3 of them sometime soon.

    Keep on reading, I love the fact that people are actually interested in what I am doing, and I really enjoy your comments.

    Thanks

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: