Tuesday, May 6, 2014

ComputerLife : Windows 8 : Restoring some Sanity to Your DeskTop : Classic Shell for Win8 Download

By Avatar JayR Cela

    I don't know about you, but myself I just either don't get Win8, or I think it's just garbage, at least as far as the UI is concerned. To make matters worse many new computers regardless of the manufacturer will not allow a dual boot set-up to either Linux or Win7, unless you know the trick.

     Take for instance 2 identical computers for sale via, by whomever, One of them .Win8 pre-installed for $229.00, the other is $400.00 with Win7, other than that they are identical. So ya figure hey what the heck I'll just buy the cheaper one and put Win7 on it.

     It's more than likely not going to work !

    I am really sad to say I have not been able to figure that out yet besides completely replacing the HD with a pristine new one. If it happens to be a laptop, oh well, good luck.

    So what are you going to do, personally I can not stand the Modern UI, so just install Classic Shell, a free add on that will return the familiar START Button and menu's. Then run all your updates, and then run Win8.1 update, go take a shower, make some coffee, go for a walk in the park, pet your dog, order a pizza, cross your fingers and wha---laaa !!

     You will now be so happily greeted with a traditional Win7 desktop.

      Try this at your own risk !!!!

      http://classicshell.net/

JayR Cela :_)

 

No comments: