Thursday, July 3, 2014

SecondLife Version 1 : Everyone Should Keep There Heads

By Avatar JayR Cela

   Boy that's an understatement if I have ever heard one, Ebbe Linden's slip of the tongue, last week set off a whirlwind of, more than likely unnecessary controversy within the SL community.

   I'm just looking at this from my point of view. It's Pixel's on a screen, what and how you choose to deal with them is your prerogative. If you choose to be creative, this is a  Killer Platform ( albeit the TOS that steals all of your IP right's ) But that is an ongoing story..........................

    In the long run the platform as we know it will cease to exist, and it will metamorphosis into something else.

    Oz Linden is a brilliant person, and I am sure he has no intention of loosing his job. That is the Go-To person in SL from here on out. Perhaps a few others, Pete Linden is very kool as well, and there are a few more LL folk's I am sure none of us have ever had a chance to meet. This new policy Oz was describing about being more Transparent with the SL community sounds incredible to me. If the Lab actually listens, and then react's making changes suggested by the user base, I don't think we as SL users can loose.

    So let's all just chill out.

    And Give Oz and his team a chance.

JayR Cela :_)

 

No comments: