Tuesday, October 9, 2018

OpenSim : HyperGrid : Google + Shutting Down - Damm ! Is AMD eating Intel for Lunch ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    I have to admit I was caught by surprise the revelation that G+ will be shutting down sometime next year, that's a real bummer. I refuse to use Face Book for any reason, having deleted my account several years ago, and I don't really care for Twitter much. Oh well :_(

    On the hardware side of things it seems to me that we finally have a two horse race again in the CPU - APU side of things with AMD taking the lead this past quarter. This should be great news for most people considering a new Rig for Desktop or Server use. I have not used any AMD products for quite some time, but now with the new Ryzen based Thread Rippers and some really interesting APU's it should now be possible to piece together an affordable powerhouse box, for a considerably lower  price than my usual Intel-Nvidia solution's.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: