Sunday, October 10, 2010

SecondLife(R) SnowStorm V-2.2.1.211680 / Fast, Easy, Fun ~ NOT !!!!!

Ok I'm off on a rant again, and I will not stop. I can possibly be banned from SL. No real big deal, I'll just set up my own personal Open Sim world. Can I be sued for libel ? I am not using anyones Rl names in my post's, so good luck on that one. I just enjoy pissing people involved with the V2 project off.

Esbee Linden is doing her best to hold together a flawed and failed project. I certainly would not want her job.

Oz Linden, I give him 2 months, at whitch time I beleave he will become so fed up, and just move on to greener pastures, and I wish him all the best. He is a very intelligent and nice person.

To all the Open Source Devs working on V2, OH WELL, Love me or hate me, I'm going to express my opinions, and make statements that certainly do not exactly create friendships. But Blow this TURKEY off !! You are on a course of ruining your reputations in the OS Dev community, even being associated with this project. Fixing a complety broken piece of software, is a monumental task. The SCRUM and AGILE process, should be renamed SCUMM, it does not work ! At least not in this case.

Most really talented programmers work best when left alone.

If you really want to fix V2, just adopt Kirstens code, or backport features into the 1.2.x series.

Do not even attempt to tell me that this can not be done. Jessica and Henri, and a number of other folks have already proven LL is dead wrong on this issue. The lab seems to be in a state of death throw thrashing fits.

So i have a few pictures to share with you today, as you can see, nothing has changed much. The UI is still a cluttered piece of crap. How in the world this is going to attract and retain new users is totally beyond my comprehension.
This Log in problem has been around way to long !

Scrum that SnowStorm team.












 Wonderful example of a poorly designed User Interface.




I guess if you have a 40" monitor screen, this might actually be usable.








JayR Cela :_)

2 comments:

Hitomi Tiponi said...

A few facts as I know them:

LL never said you would not be able to backport ANY of the features of Viewer 2 into 1.2x based TPVs - they said they would not backport them into their 1.2x viewer.

But I am saying TPVs will never backport Shared Media into a 1.2x based viewer.

Kirstens Viewer will now only run on computers that allow hyperthreading (that is mainly multi-core machines). That means only about 50% of SL users' machines and only one of my four machines :(. The changes in it do seem to improve speed though.

Esbee seems very nice and capable and is doing a good job of being Product Owner, even though I do worry about the process for selecting items for the product backlog and sprints. It is sad we lost Aimee and Tofu from the team because they also seemed very capable - but as they were in the UK they suffered from the closure of the Brighton Office.

A number of able OS developers are working with Snowstorm - they just do it quietly and competently (and one of them has a really cool skunk avatar).

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Hitomi, Ok I stand corrected on the backporting issue :(
LOL :_)
U R also correct that a P-4 w/ multi thread capabilities or dual- or- quad core are required to run the new Kirsten viewer

I'll be dropping in on the SnowStorm meeting later on 2day, hope to see you there *bigg huggs*

byeee :_)