Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SecondLife as a tool "Helping People with Real Life Disabilities"

     This has long been one of my desired topic's to push LL forward on for at least 4 years now. Regrettably, I have always seemed to receive a rather lukewarm response.

   Having lived through a stroke and severe closed head injury in 2005, and first being introduced to SL as a platform for rehabilitation. I approached several LL people about the benefits that I had received, from once again being able to participate in a social environment, regardless that I was homebound.

    That is until  now, I am currently in talks with a RL professional that is using SL with great success, to aid in the rehabilitation of people that are physically disabled. And if all goes well, we shall have some post's here dealing with this aspect of Virtual Reality very soon.

   So many things seem to be happening, and so quickly since I reinstated this blog. I have to admit, is a bit hard to keep up. I could use some help / LOL :_)

    If you would like to contribute, to what i eventually envision as a Virtual World Forum, open for technological discussion's, collaboration and social advancement of the VW platform as a mutuality beneficial tool.

 Please feel free to contact me.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: