Thursday, January 27, 2011

SecondLife Dolphin 2.4.0.13837 Version of Viewer2

By Avatar JayR Cela

    It has been a while since I have used this TPV version of Viewer2, I really do like the 1.x SnowGlobe based version, it's a wonderful choice for sail boating in SL. If you read the list of improvements on this 2.x release, it sounds pretty impressive. http://dolphinviewer.eregion.de/dolphinviewer2/features/ and the initial setup proves so.























However upon using, it's hard to really see much difference from the official LL version. One thing that was a complete show stopper for me was the fact that anti-aliasing  is broken, at least it is with the Linux download I tried. This is a really old bug, and I am surprised to see it back for another annoying round. If you take a close look at the snap shots below, the jagged line's of this build are glaringly apparent. So much so, I stopped right there, I would imagine a new version is due out soon. I'll keep my eye's peeled, when it shows up I'll try again.



JayR Cela :(

No comments: