Thursday, April 14, 2011

SecondLife "No More Viewer2 or SnowStorm Reviews" "At Least Not From Me For A While"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    I find myself in a quandary right now. At one time I had very high hopes for V2 and SnowStorm. And have enjoyed following the progress until now. But I am just am fed up.

    Realistically there is no such thing as perfect software. I regularly deal with several hundred of thousands of dollar's worth of audio equipment, well over 500 to 1000 page's of very technical owners manual's documentation, and screwball software on a daily basis. But Viewer2 just pisses me off to no end. There is absolutely no excuse I can think of for this.

    And let me go further, Audio Engineer's, at least all I have be privileged to be acquainted with over almost 40 year's now are very patient, quiet, observant folk's. We can tend to be a bit sarcastic at time's, but that's just part of the job, and usually contained in private conversations amongst ourselves. God only know's how many musician's and vocalist I have just wanted to smack upside the head from time to time.

   I have somehow alway's managed to contain my temper, and choose my word's carefully. However I find an inability to do this considering the current state of V2 development. It is a distraction I just don't need. I have several large audio project's that require my RL attention. I need to stay and remain focused.

      And quite frankly covering Viewer2 is an unnecessary distraction. It is a pain in the ass to install, uninstall and reinstall something that never should have been released in the first place, and somehow unfortunately seems to screw up my Windows based box's every time I do so.

    I wont touch the official LL version's again until at least V2.8.x eventually come's around. I will continue my post's on Third Party Developer's work, but unfortunately not LL's. You can also expect a whole lot more Open Sim coverage here in the month's to come.

JayR Cela :(

P.S. Cummere's earlier post today hit a ton of bullet point's right square on the head. And was the tipping point for me. I make no apologizes, LL you are rapidly loosing my confidence.

2 comments:

Hitomi Tiponi said...

There will be more changes from Rod and his techie mate, Bagman, coming soon - some subtle and some major.

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Hitomi

I'm currently in a holding pattern as far as Official LL Viewer2 release's are concerned.

When, and if I decide to review it again, will only be because I have something, positive and constructive to say. Until then it's strictly Third Party Viewer's, for me.

JayR :(