Monday, May 16, 2011

Good Point's "Regarding Group Chat's"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Both Selby, and Mister  Acacia have made some excellent observation's regarding group chat's in SL. Personally FaceBook scares the heck out of me. I do have an Avatar presence there. But that is only to further the future development of this blog.

     I do use LinkedIn for professional purposes. However it would be truly cool, if people would take virtual reality worlds seriously someday. Right now that is a risky slope to embark upon. At least for myself.

     I need to maintain a professional persona, I'm highly paid for my experience when it come's to working with audio gear. You want it to sound good, you hire me. You want it to sound lousy, oh well, ya hire someone else. Pretty cut and dry decision.

     Am I arrogant ? Yeah I guess so, butt you try dealing with musician's for a living someday. LOL :_)

     In comparison, I'm very mild mannered, seldom talk, I just make thing's work, when other people can't.

     So yes in my own way I am an arrogant jackass. Can I pilot a Space Shuttle ? NOPE !! I can however, operate a recording studio.

     With some help of course :_)

   Please do not get me wrong, I have met some wonderful people in SL, but there are unfortunately some very odd goof ball's playing in the Virtual World sandbox at this particular point in time.

    I simply cannot afford to risk my real life lively hood by being associated with some of the wild nut case's that happen to populate virtual reality right now.

    I think Open Sim is the true future of Virtual Worlds, eventually SL will just fade away.

    As an example, I pose this question, the Mosaic Web Viewer, what happened ?

    You tell me.

    Open Sim and OSGrid continue to expand, as SL continue's to implode. I was just reading today LL is dropping region's faster then they can afford too. Ya can only support a loosing money pit for so long.

    You may want to to take a look at this recent post by an incredibly intelligent person, Maria Korolov of Hyper Grid Business.

    She is very cool.

  http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2011/05/opensim-grids-reach-record-high/

JayR Cela

No comments: