Thursday, June 30, 2011

Did you ever want to shop before the store was open?

Mister Acacia is Online

Being on the Phoenix Support team can be quite stressful at times. I mean, it's a support role, having to help people who are angry, frustrated, confused, with various levels of experience with their own PCs and misunderstandings, which only serve to fuel their anger. They are sometimes passive or active aggressive and can easily get under your skin. We are the representatives of the Phoenix team, and so we get to hear and sometimes feel the users' anger when something doesn't go right.

I try my best to fix their problems and shake off their anger. They're not angry at me, they haven't a clue who I am. And there are those who see how difficult the job is and send me kudos in IM. That, and the fact that I am able to fix most of the problems without telling the users they're morons for not RTFW, makes me happy.

The upside to the job is the inside connection. We help each other out when necessary, we troubleshoot the tougher problems together, pooling our combined experience to solve all but the most difficult or unique problems. I get what you might consider insider information, sneak previews of upcoming releases.

I get to play with the cool toys with all the new bells and whistles before the store is open.

Firestorm Beta 2 is on it's way, and apart for a couple tiny things it's even better than the current Beta.

I'd write more, but I want to use that cool program.

Mister Acacia is Offline

No comments: