Saturday, June 25, 2011

Imprudence Viewer 1.4.0-Beta Part 2 "Getting to Know You"

By Avatar JayR Cela

     For this Post "Getting to Know You" ( Imp1.4 actually ) I'm going to take a close look at some options,  settings, and a few of it's extra features. First off you can see I have switched skins from Gemini to the Dark selection.

Much easier on my eye's
And my personal favorite
for all 1.x series viewers.












    Next I will activate the Advanced Menu ( CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+D ) ~ or ~ Drop down the View Menu and select Advanced in order to access the Debug settings. I want to get rid of that pesky search bar at the upper right hand corner of the screen in order to reveal my network statistics display.

Easy enough to accomplish, once Debug is available simply scroll down to "Show Search Bar" and change the value from True to False.



Good now that that piece of worthless garbage is gone, I can easily keep an eye on my network connection's general performance status. Lets start by exploring the UI's general layout. Very clean, well organized, easy to comprehend and use.















Any 1.x veteran should feel right at home and comfortable in this environment.

And yes, your Draw distance slider, preset WinLight, and custom sky editor are pretty much right where you would expect them to be.








Here's a cool feature, a highly advanced advanced Radar System, not to mention some other very sophisticated area Item search tools as well.


Advanced percision build setting's.





 Teleport history
An Enhanced Mini Map

     Ok I think we have established that Imp1.4 is a very well designed 1.x series viewer with some nice added features along with the package. Nothing overly fancy so far.
 
    Criticism's, I would really like to see the Full Radar and Area Object Search features be available via a button rather than  Advanced Menu selected items. Also I don't seem to recall finding a Re-bake Texture's item in any of the menu's. 


     For Part 3 of this series, we'll test out some building and editing capabilities.

JayR :_)

No comments: