Friday, June 17, 2011

The "New FireStorm" & "LL Viewer2" "Both Major Mile Stones"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Well they both popped up on the same day, I've been a bit busy with RL Audio projects, so has been difficult for me to fully analyze, the 2 of them and offer a fair and accurate side by side objective view.

     So far so good, both are excellent viewer's.

      That doe's not mean there are not, still a few rough spot's to be worked out, in both of these offering's.

     And in all honesty I will take at least a weak in order to completely test and compare the two.

    There are so many enhancement's that have been added under the hood, it is impossible to give a truly objective and accurate, fair comparison. Play around with them, and give a fair review. Find the one I prefer, like the best and use it as my main viewer of choice.

     However I can say this much.

      Both of them are very cool and worth the download.

    I know everyone will have their preference's about the user interface.

     And I have no intention of advocating one over the other.

    You simply pick the one you like best.

    I have to give ya a head's up on the Phoenix FireFox Viewer.


    Set aside some time to maneuver your way through the various menu's. It's defiantly gonna take you a while !
 
     If you are on a Linux Box, there are no screwball arcane install procedures / JUST UNPACK IT AND RUN ! / It is a complete piece of cake, same goes for the new official LL version.

    I may be a bit off base here with my observation's, but from the way I see it., Oz Linden and his team have finally got the code base down.
     Jessica Lyon and the Phoenix team are tweaking it to the max.


      Hitomi Tiponi is really pushing the cutting edge with her StarLight and StarDust Re-Skins

   So in my mind, these are the 3 major players.

    And I got to say / 3 darn good ones

JayR Cela

P.S. I need some time to Finnish some RL Audio Work, and a SL building project, once I finnish these things. I will be able to thoroughly evaluate, the new FireStorm and Viewer2.

    So far i can honestly say / both thumb's up on the 2 of them !!

    And Hitomi ? well she is always 2 steps ahead of everyone :_)

JayR Cela :_)

2 comments:

Hitomi Tiponi said...

The new main Viewer version is based on a branch of code called 'mesh-prep'. This split off from the main branch some time back and as only just been merged in. Reactions to this seem to vary between 'wow - it is so fast and crisp' to 'it doesn't run at all' so it looks like they have fixed some bits and broken others. Also server changes to reduce group chat lag also seem to have improved other aspects on the Grid.

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Hitomi

Yeah at least for me on Linux, it seem's both are noticeably faster.

On Windows XP with the new Firestorm my audio stream is breaking up, that may be due to some hidden setting, I just have not uncovered yet.

I'm very busy right now with RL, and don't have time to investigate further at this time.

I do think both of these viewers are huge steps forward.

Once I finish up my current audio project, I will be able to take a closer look at both of them.

Thank's so much for your comment

see ya later sis *Bigg Huggs*

JayR :_)