Monday, January 2, 2012

From the Y.A.V department ...MilkShake Viewer for SecondLife

Mister Acacia is online

I had some downtime over the last couple weeks (I hope you all did, too) and saw one of the Phoenix team mention the Milkshake viewer. I gave it a go, and I must say it's going to give Firestorm a run for its money. Many of the features I want in a viewer are in Milkshake, although is still has the awful drab V2 skin colors. But it has some preferences, of all things, to tweak the UI colors. And as soon as someone creates another skin, it has the prefs tab to support multiple skins.

So here's what it has that I like:

  • Asset Blacklist
  • Autocorrect
  • nearby chat dockable to Conversations
  • Some UI colors are adjustable
  • User-selectable position for notices (top or bottom) and chicklets (top or bottom)
  • FUI (don't get me wrong, I like the FS UI, too)
  • Color picker for tags
  • Lots of extra prefs in a seemingly logical layout
And here's what it's missing (from my list, yours may be different):
  • Media Filter
  • Multiple skins
  • Contact Sets
  • Separate music and media controls
  • Login manager
  • Grid manager
  • Multiple autoresponses (the next Firestorm will have that)
  • Needs some work on the menu bar
  • No option for V1/V2 chat headers (V1 only)
There's more that could be added to both lists. But it's definitely worth a try, unless you really hate all V2/V3 users.

http://milkshakeviewer.codeplex.com/

Mister Acacia is offline

    No comments: