Friday, February 10, 2012

Virtual Worlds : Lets Not Forget The Past : Can SecondLife Save Virtual World Gaming ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

     Hi there again, I'm about to do some reminiscing. my first encounter with video games was Space Invader, then Donkey Kong, and Defender, I completely by-passed the Pac-Man Ms. Pac Man thing.

   Ya know I am really excited about the Linden Realms initiative, and the potential that it holds for all people that just so happen to hang out here.

    Ok so let me take a trip back in my time frame as a video game junkey.

    I had just come down off of the Pin Ball craze that afflicted most of the people of my age in the 1970's, and the next thing ya knew it there was PONG !  Wow !!

    Then Pac Man hit the scene, then Asteroids, Gallaga, Defender, Donkey Kong, holy shit the list goes on and on.

     Right now, I'm rather busy working with various projects in RL, but I do see an emerging trend within the upper echelon's of the LL~SL brain trust.

     I've been bopping around numerous new game venues the past month or so. sad to say some of them are a bit on the lame side. As is LL Realms, man talk about getting tired of something fast, if ya spend 4 or 5 hours there, then that's it !

    Unless the powers that be completely commit to the In-World paradigm way of thinking about a SDK for SecondLife that will allow the truly creative independent Game Dev's to spread tier wing's. Then SL will be a dead issue by 2014.

JayR Cela :(

 

No comments: