Friday, April 13, 2012

Is SecondLife Dead ? : Not Yet ! : We Need A Modular Approach

By Avatar JayR Cela

    If these clowns continue upon their current course of continuing to piss off a majority of their customers, and please note the word CUSTOMER.

    I see absolutely no future for the platform. They seem to be desperately grasping at straws. I'll tell ya, if it were not for my SL partner Cathy and her humongous wardrobe of beautiful clothing, I would just say the hell with it and jump on over to InWorldz, or some other grid.

    This recent decision to not allow TPV's to offer alternate grid log-in choices has been the straw that broke the camel's back. Viewer3 suck's, no one use's it, no one like's it.

    Until LL get's it through their lame brain heads, that some one needs to be fired on the Viewer Development Team, things will languish in a never ending bunch of crap.

    Hitomi Tiponi's StarLight Skin should have been used as the default over a year ago, the Zen Viewer, by Zenna Juran, she fought for months in order to get listed on the official LL TPV list. And her viewer is kick-ass, so is every one else's, depending upon what you like.

     I prefer to use FireStorm, does that mean it it is the best ? No way !!! It' works well on my 32bit computer.

    I know I tend to piss a lot of people off, I don't care.

    I got something to say, and I'm going to do just that.

    What we really need is a modular approach, Plug-In's, WTF is the problem here with exploring this in use with the SL viewer ? There is no reason to hard code everything, when you can accomplish the same end results via Plug-Ins.

JayR Cela

No comments: