Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Will Open Sim Overtake SecondLife ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    More and likely yes, but it will be a couple of years before this happens, the recent introduction of the Advanced Experience Tools and Path Finding experiments in SL are very Cool. The potential is there, we just need better viewer imp-limitation. And Let's face it, the current standard LL based V3 leaves a lot to be desired.

    I know, I know, everyone seems to think I am a died in the wool Phoenix FireStorm promoter, well I am, and for good reason, it work's, at least with SL it is by far the best viewer for me. I have tried every viewer available out there that I can find. And I am getting really tired of it.

     Everyone that has the devotion and time to compiling their own version of a SL viewer really needs to be rewarded with an extra big hug. These people do this with a passion unsurpassed in any Virtual World Video Environment that I have ever seen before.

    Pretty darn soon Open Sim will have NPC's and some sort of Path Finding equivalent, allowing creative minds to create In-World Games. Unless SL drops their prices within the next year or so, I don't see how they can possibly survive.

JayR Cela

No comments: