Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Will You Buy Window's 8 ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Here is a big question, have you tried the Window's 8 Consumer Preview ? I have and once I finally got used to the Metro UI it is pretty good. Let's face it tablet PC's are the current In Thing. Personally I have no reason, nor can I justify purchasing what will eventually become a throw away piece of junk in a year or two's time. But hey, we seem to be a throw away society, that is really to bad. Give me a large tower case, a good motherboard, and lots of room to work on the gut's, and I am happy. But that is beside's the point. Windows 8 CP is pretty much bullet proof. The final release should be even more so.

    However, I do not really want to shell out $100 or more dollar's for an Operating System, when I can simply download a version of Linux for free. Currently I am using Mint Linux 12 ( soon to be upgraded by the end of May ) and quite frankly it is very much like Win 8, so much so, I actually prefer it over the later. I can do word processing, read my e-mail, and use SecondLife. That is all I need a computer to do for me.

    Oh well, if MS would follow in Apple's footsteps and offer Win 8 as an upgrade for let's say $50, then hell yes I would buy it in a snap, but at a projected price point of $100 and more, NO WAY ! I will stick with XP and Linux.

Oh by he way I am about to do a series of Poll's here, I hope you will participate.

Thank's

JayR Cela :_)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Windows sounds great for tablets but I'm a desktop Power User and Metro holds no interest for me.
However, I upgraded from XP Pro to Win7 Ultimate 64-bit at the end of last year and I really like Win7 - really recommend it especially if you have 4Gb or more of RAM as I do as 32-bit XP can only address 3Gb or so.

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Beccapet

Thanks for your comment, If MS will drop the price of W8 to $50, I will purchase it, but I'm happy enough with Win XP and Mint Linux, oh by thew way, did you hear the news of a Win XP clone ?

React OS,

I got to look into that
Talk to ya later
*bigg huggs*

JayR :_)