Monday, April 22, 2013

SecondLife : Server Side Baking Compliant Viewers Slowly Rolling Out : Big Mess So Far ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Well I kinda hate to say this, but on the other hand I'm glad that LL is finally moving into this decade. So far we have available Cool Viewer ( Stable Release ) V1.26.8.1 and Singularity V1.8.0 (4114) available for download as of today.

    I DL'd both, and tried them briefly, but not for any lengthy period of time, so I can not really say any thing except they both work, although I did notice a significant drop in FPS on Singularity, and the Cool viewer, I need to try again. But after attending Oz Linden's meeting this morning and just listening, I have to say this much. I don't have a clue, as to what is actually going on here.

    I have talked with a few friends here in SL that actually do know what the hell is happening. So I am going to say this much.

Hold On To Your Hat's !

This is gonna be a rough ride the next 4 to 8 weeks or so!

JayR Cela :_(

No comments: