Saturday, July 6, 2013

Alternate Virtual Worlds : My First Experience : "Alternate Reality" by "Philip Price" : Paradise Programming : Datasoft

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Ok, my first alternate reality fantasy game was somewhat popular depending upon who you hung around with in 1985. The Games name was Alternate Reality by a guy named Philip Price, who created a small company named Paradise Programming, and the game was picked up by distributor Datasoft.

    My computer of choice back in those days was an Atari 800XL with dual 5 1/2" 512k or 360k floppy's / LOL / I can't remember that far back, I do recall using a paper hole puncher on one corner of the floppy's outer casing in order to make the opposite side of the disk R / W capable. / Haa-Haaa :_)

    This game was about as open ended as technologically possible at the time. Hell we had a whopping 64K of memory, or 48K depending on who you talked to at that time to toy around with. WOW !! :_))

    Who know's ancient technology is a lost art ! Everyone is into Finger Flipping Phones. ( FFP'S ) I-Phones ~ Androids and such these days.

    I just think this would be a Very Kool re-issue on a more modern platform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_Reality_(series)



















   

    This game was so much fun, I played it more often than the original Zelda

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: