Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SecondLife : So Hows The New Server Roll~Out's ? : They Seem To Be Working Fine

By Avatar JayR Cela

     I gotta say this seem's to be the cleanest SL Server & Viewer transition I have ever seen the Lab pull off ever. As far as I can tell everything seems to work fine with my FireStormn Installation on Win7.

    However,  My Linux Version is Extremely Slow. 

    That's a real bummer, I use mostly Open GL for just about everything. Is more and likely a problem on my end / a wrong Lib or something.

JayR :_)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use linux and in garphics hardware pref's I have unticked:
'Enable Streamed VBOs'
and then unticked:
'Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects'

And tick selected:
'Enable Lossy Texture Compression' only.

SL runs much faster for me this way with Linux running the latest Firestorm release. - S

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Anonymous

I just finished trying your tip out / it seems to have worked for me as well.

Tysvm

JarR :_)

Anonymous said...

You are Welcome, glad it helped. - S