Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Linux Audio / Video Distro Project / Oh My ! ~ LOL :_)

By Avatar Jay R Cela

    Well this lil project of mine certainly has turned out to be a great learning experience, at this point I'm not quite sure to do with it besides save all the book-marks with pertinent info / PPA's and such.

     It's a complete mess, certain Display Manager lib's seem to be having major conflict's with one in other. And my base for the build are Mint 15 and Ubuntu 13.04, witch are not  LTSR spins, that won't happen again for about 10 month's or so at 14.04. Also Mint 15, is not a true Ubuntu release, and seem's to have some odd-ball problem's unique unto itself.

    So haa,haaa, ya couple that with the fact I really have only a small clue as to what I am doing, and I ended up with a somewhat dysfunctional Linux Box.

 I did find a few great tool's for A/V editing in the process. However I should of stayed to the K.I.S.S. way of approaching this project.

   Keep It Simple Stupid !

JayR Cela :_)


2 comments:

Lord said...

I can't wait to see someone make an opensimulator viewer that is Haiku-OS compatible.

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Lord

Wow ! I had forgotten all about that OS, it is a fork from the BeOS back around the same time IBM's ill fated OS/2 was coming onto the market. As far as someone releasing one of the current viewers, I doubt that would ( or will ) happen.

Sounds like a Kool project though. I would imagine as long as you have the correct build lib's it would be possible to compile your own.

Thanks for your comment and reminding me, brought back some fond memory's.

JayR Cela :_)