Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Linux Audio / Video Distro Project : First Screenshot's

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Hi there, I'm back working on my CinnaMate~LX  Linux based Audio / Video distribution project. Although I have run into some major headaches, I believe it has been in the way I attempted to merge various parts of different existing distributions. So the project is not dead, I am planning a different approach for the next try. In the mean time I do have some screenshot's of the Mate Desktop version I would like to share with you.













    The Basis Desktop has control panels top and bottom, the later slides to the left or right via arrows the bottom panel is set for auto hide.












    I decided on Nemo as the default file manager, Konqueror  for easier networking stuff.












    Firefox and Chromium Browsers are both standard.












    Easy access to my favorite SL Viewer FireStorm and across from that section the trash for easy clean ups after a fresh application installion.
 











    An easy push button Xkill button for forcing frozen programs to go away, and a quick and easy record your screen tool.
 
































 
    As you can see there are plenty of useful A/V capture, editing and creativity tools included so far. Just click on any picture to enlarge. The only problem is some of the plumbing, so to speak is horribly Borked !  So my next move is to try using Sabayon Linux or Mint Linux the pure Debian version. There are a lot of configuration options easily available so far, it's just too bad quite a few aren't working properly. :_)))))




   By using Sabayon Linux or Mint Linux LMDE the pure Debian version, both are continuous releases. In other words, your should never require a fresh re-install (at least that's the theory)  Then add direct repositories urls' for each of the special production tools into the system.

    For now that is all I have, I was hoping to release an alpha this weekend, but so far have not had any luck with building an actual working installation ISO. I have tried RemasterSys, ( Remaster System ) a supposed Linux backup, distribution creation tool, sadly I must be doing something incorrectly.  Oh well perhaps better luck will shine down on me next week, LOL :_)

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: