Monday, April 7, 2014

ComputerLife : The Importance of Open Source Video Drivers

By Avatar JayR Cela

    This aspect of ComputerLife cannot be ignored, Open Source alternative video drivers, are making leaps and bounds, in some cases surpassing their propriety counterparts.

    Gaming on Linux is a major driving force behind this trend. I am a MS Windows User since version 3.0, and although I love Mac's I can not justify the extra price, PC's are it for me, I can work on them, I can repair them, and I can install all sorts of software that in my mind is just as good as the priority stuff.

    The biggest bottleneck so far has been VD's ( video drivers )

    I can't wait until next year, and purchasing my first tablet computer. And I promise I won't complain when I realize 2 or 3 years down the road it's broken, and I will customarily dispose of it, because there is nothing inside of it you can fix. So I'll buy a new one, and the OS video driver performance will have improved  ( by then I'm perdicting 5 fold ) and then I am planning a trip to Mars, and a short hop skip and jump to the Star Trek Federation Headquarters.

LOL :_)

Tri-Corders here I come!

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: