Thursday, April 10, 2014

LinuxLife : Since Win XP's demise : Whats Next In The Linux Desktop ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    This is a really good question, since Linux is kinda the wild open west sort of an environment, it's really difficult to pin it down. All of the Current Desktop User Interfaces are pretty good. Some more so than others. It boils down too your personal preferences, myself I really enjoy using the MATE Desktop and Cinnamon, that does not mean they are the best.

    I think a lot of folks are just plain scared of Linux, and probably for good reason, if ya don't know what your doing, it is incredibly easy to screw things up !

    If your Win XP machine is still up and running, you may want to explore the site
http://distrowatch.com/

    And once ya get done with doing whatever. Please disconnect your Win XP from the internet.

Good Luck : I rescue old outdated computers regularly, simply by installing a properly suited distribution to the hardware. If you have any questions, or need some assistance, I can be reached at cinnamatestudios@gmail.com

I will do anything I possibly can to help you out.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: