Tuesday, April 15, 2014

SecondLife : The TOS : and : Best Di-section I've Read So Far is Nalates Things & Stuff : April 14 2014

By Avatar JayR Cela

    If you have any inkling of what a small and currently growing amount of folk's in SL actually know about the TOS changes made last year, and you are a content creator in SL then you really owe it to yourself to read Nalates Things & Stuff blog from yesterday.

    She does a wonderful job of breaking in down, and wording various aspect's in such a way as to be easily understandable.  Link is here
http://blog.nalates.net/2014/04/14/linden-lab-tos-and-creative-commons/#more-12590

    Believe it or not, there are still a number of people, that are completely in the dark on this issue. STILL !!

    Read this post, and it should clear up any question you may have.

    Then read LL's and Ebbe Linden's comments posted on various other blogs, as to: Well we have no ill intention 's. That's just Bull Crap !

     It's like saying to me, well you don't think we ( I ) would actually ever do such a thing, do you? And you answering  to them sheepishly, No.

   Then in the next breath ( sentence ) their reply to you is. Good just keep thinking that.

     Have you ever watched the Television Show ? : The Big Bang Theory ? Where Sheldon is occasionally confronted by his arch nemesis, Will Wheaton ( Wesley Crusher from StarTrek TNG ) / Way to funny / LOL :_) continuing.....

       The way the current contract is worded, your screwed !! Plain and simple ! The lawyers in the LL legal division, have admonished  themselves ( LL ) from any sort of responsibility whatsoever.

    You can do what ever you like, I have no desire or reason to dissuade you from anything, however I do feel a strong enough bond between all of the Graphics, Video, Audio creative type's out there enough to state my opinion's.

     Now I'm not a creative person as far as graphic's are concerned. my skills lye strictly within the realm of audio creation, I have worked  together with people most of my adult life in the Audio Industry, anytime I hear a phrase such as ( We Have No Intentions Of..... ????. ) ( Your about to get screwed and, You are in trouble !! ) Hell People Wake UP !!!!! IT's In the Freaking Contract you digitally signed !!!!!

    And I can tell ya from numerous years in that industry.

    If you ever, for what ever reason end up in court over this, the way the TOS is currently worded, your gonna loose, in a heartbeat.  I am not a lawyer, nor claim to be. I'm just telling ya from past experience, you will not have a leg to stand on in court, you will also be stuck with all the expenses involved !

    In closing, I will just reiterate what I have said before about this BLOG. It is not a New's Blog !! It is an Opinion Blog !  My Opinion's, and perhaps from time to time a guest writer's. 

JayR Cela 

No comments: