Saturday, October 29, 2016

OpenSim : HyperGrid : Singularity 1.8.7.6866 : Ubuntu 16.04 : Crash Problems Solved : Final - Final Update

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Ya know what ? / Sometimes I feel that I am beyond hope. The constant crashing while using the newest stable release of the 64bit Singularity viewer 1.8.7.6866 for OpenSim, is a nagging problem that has practically driven me to the point of being a really certifiable  crazy person. I am only mildly insane right now, but this lil bugger is a trip.

    Logging in with any Ubuntu based system and Singularity has always resulted in random crash's, so the only solution I found to be adequate was to install the necessary 32bit lib's and use 1.8.6.7

 So the other day I was playing around with the Yackety release of Ubuntu 16.10, and it hit me.

   The Mono-Complete package needs to be installed on the host computer.  I also added the Monodevelop meta package.

    Now before you go jumping for joy, and if you followed some of my previous post's trying to solve this problem, you may have a total mess of unnecessary and possibly conflicting lib files that could muck things up even worse. LOL / sorry about that / but - oh well :_)

    I have added Mono-Complete to 3 computers / 2 of them are Kubuntu 16.04.1 and a Mint 18.x Mate, box,  all three of them run without a hitch.

    Haaa-haaaa-ha / now I can finally put this issue to rest and find something else to complain about.

JayR Ceal :_)

P.S. This is my Final - Final - Final update on this issue. / LOL :_)


No comments: