Thursday, August 5, 2010

SecondLife (R) Jira 4

http://blogs.atlassian.com/jira/2009/10/jira-4-now-available.html  Ok, I said I would look into this new Jira 4 issue. As you may already know the Jira is a bug tracking tool that LL uses to assist in correcting problems that it's customer's ( residents ) report to them. I don't know about you, but I have found the Jira to be completely worthless, way to many times issues that need to be fixed, languish in utter limbo for a year or more, unassigned, or simply swept under the rug. Inworld Linden office hours can be found here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Office_Hours this is another way to find out what is going on in LL world. I have attended many meetings, but considering the recent turnover of employee's at the Lab, who knows what the heck is happening anymore.
  If you have ever tried to use Jira, you may find it to be a convoluted, confusing mess, nearly impossible to navigate, or make head from tails, as to what the hell is going on or how to use it properly. Well supposedly this is about to change. If the rumors are correct, LL will be updating the current Jira to a new version Jira 4 http://blogs.atlassian.com/jira/2009/10/jira-4-now-available.html
  Now there is also the matter of the pJira, what ever the hell that is, ya got me, is supposed to be an advanced bug tracking tool. My personal feelings are both tools are completely worthless, because simply put LL just does either, not listen, or does not care. Sorry if I come across as a bit jaded, but I have attended numerous Office Hour Meetings, posted bugs on the Jira, and its all pretty much a waste of time. The lab needs to take their head out of the sand and start listening to the customers ( residents ) 
  Will Jira 4 save us? Will LL wake up? Will LL and SecondLife survive. I certainly hope so. Time will tell.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: