Thursday, August 12, 2010

SecondLife (R) New Beta and Un-Installing the Previous Version

  Well, a new Beta Viewer 2 was released. I may have missed something, but the date seems to be incorrect, as the download was only available as of  yesterday.
  Second Life 2.1.1 (207725) Aug  3 2010 22:10:27 (Second Life Beta Viewer)

  Seems for one reason or another, it was quickly pulled and replaced with Second_Life_2-1-1-207998 as I got the log-in message that I must install the update in order to proceed.
  I don't know about your past experiences with letting the Lab do an automatic update on  your computer, but I have found their uninstall routine to be full of holes, leaving errant Registry entries, and no longer needed files on my hard drive.
  Now I am referring to Windows users only, I'm a died in the wool Ubuntu Linux person, so I don't usually have this problem, and I do use Macs for my work, don't care for them much, but they do the job, and I have no desire to dig under the hood of that mess.
  I guess the point I am trying to make here, is that if your a Windows user, you really need a good registry cleaner, and system tuner. No need to fret, their are 2 excellent freeware programs available. I have mentioned them before in a previous post. Glary Utilities http://www.glaryutilities.com/ and IOBit Software's, Advanced System Care Free http://www.iobit.com/allproducts.html
  If you are experiencing odd problems wit SL, or any other programs, give these 2 programs a try, oh by the way the free versions seem to work just as good as the pay for ones

  Enjoy your SecondLife

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: