Sunday, September 18, 2011

Firestorm 3 system requirements

Mister Acacia is online

So there have been a few requests for a list of system requirements to use Firestorm. The Phoenix Viewer Project doesn't have such a list, instead relying on LL's page.

So I'm taking it upon myself to make one for Firestorm 3 (Phoenix doesn't need one, LL's page is sufficient, and FS 2 is obsolete already). And I need your help. I want you to email me with your system specs, and your opinion of how Firestorm performs on your system. Here's what I'm looking for:

  • A copy of your Help > About Firestorm
  • The number of items in your inventory
  • The average framerate for your home location (Ctrl+Shift+1 shows that)
  • The slowest framerate you've experienced, and the sim you were on at the time
  • The highest graphic setting you can use and still maintain 25 fps or better
  • Clientside lag that you experience, such as freezes or bake failures
  • If you had problems installing or running FS 3, the system (not viewer) changes you had to make to get FS 3 working, such as selecting an alternative video driver or running the AppFix (Windows only).
  • For Windows users, your choice of anti-virus software and whether it detected FS 3 (or SLPlugin) as a virus.
  • For 64-bit Linux users, what you had to do to enable audio.
Of course, if your computer will not run FS 3, you are still welcome to send me your Help > About from whichever viewer does run, as well as the exact error messages you get, but I cannot help you resolve those errors as part of this project.


If you don't want to reveal your identity, I understand. Just create a gmail account and email me from there.

Helping us make the best viewer for you is what it's all about.

Mister Acacia is offline

No comments: