Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Phoenix

Mister Acacia is online

Yesterday  was the first birthday for the Phoenix Viewer Project. Phoenix Viewer was released on September 3, 2010. And the team and however many users that could get to the sim partied. Jessica Lyon and Arrehn Oberlander spoke about the past, present and future of Phoenix and Firestorm. Listen and watch here.

It feels good to be part of this team. It really does. Even with all the angry people, the ones who hold their breath and stomp their feet and throw tantrums at me simply because I wear the Support badge and so I must be responsible for all their problems. I am, I think, because it's up to me and all the others on the support staff to fix those problems to the best of our ability. And when we do, it is very gratifying. And we don't get paid, we do this so that you, the user, can enjoy SL.

On the horizon, Firestorm v3 is terribly close. It's in QA now, and even though it picked up some new bugs and inherited some LL bugs, and it's not a release candidate or official release, it's pretty awesome.

I wish I could say when it will be released. To be honest, no one knows. We have desires internally, and we are trying very hard to get Firestorm released quickly. But our primary desire is to get rid of as many known bugs as possible so that your SL experience is better. In Jessica's own words, "we have incredibly ambitious goals."

That being said, I understand a new blog entry will be posted tomorrow on our site. I hope I don't have to eat those words.

Mister Acacia is offline

No comments: