Thursday, September 29, 2011

SecondLife "And A New Video Card" "On The Cheap Side"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Wow, with the price's of video card's dropping through the ceiling lately, it really is about time to consider an upgrade. At least for me it was, about 3 or 4 years ago I replaced an ATI Radeon with 128m onboard ram with a Nvidia 8400GS and 256m, If I remember correctly it cost about 150$. it was a PCIE card, and has worked quite well for my use's in SL. Recently it went on the fritz ! Ka-Putt !! It just stopped working correctly.

    So it was time to cough up what little money / spare change I have and find a replacement. Being the penny pincher that I am I decided to get a bottom of the line NVIDIA GeForce 210 by a company called GALAXY.  A 70$ card on sale for 50$ at my local Best Buy Store.

    Boy what a difference, this thing has a 16 multi-core processor, and 1 Gig of Ram. So for 1/3rd the price, I got 3 times the processing power, and RAM, and picked up about 7 FPS.

    Now that's pretty darn cool if ya ask me.

JayR Cela :_)


No comments: