Saturday, June 23, 2012

More Phoenix FireStorm Problems

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Even after all the crap I just went through with Windows 8 / the low level format the re-installation of Win XP, I still cannot get FireStorm to load, or Phoenix,  It may be a hardware problem on my end.

    I will switch over to Linux via a dual boot configuration tonight  and contact the FireStorm Support tomorrow.

    This has really got me stumped, I just can not figure it out, every other SL TPV Viewer loads and runs just fine. :(

    And up until I installed Windows 8, I had never experienced a problem.

    I'll keep ya posted.

JayR :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get past the check on display drivers for the longest time. The other day I installed the RTM version of Win8, and Firestorm still failed. After a bit of digging around I found Intel had a very recent driver for my video chip (July 2012). I downloaded that, reinstalled firestorm, and it worked.

So you might want to check the manufacturers of you your video driver and make sure you have a win8 version.