Tuesday, July 31, 2012

SecondLife : Have You Checked Your Network Bandwidth Setting Lately ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    If not you may be in for a pleasant surprise. The Cable Companies in the US have finally started bumping up their FlagShip internet service's speed's. I know where I live Comcast advertise like crazy, and they are real big on their speed increase advertising.

    I'm on Comcast's most basic tier, 1.4mbp or at least it was. Just the other day I decided to do an internet speed test. Well it turns out I'm now at 3.4mbps. Hmmmm time for an adjustment to SL. I followed a good general rule and increased my network bandwidth to a bit below half of the maximum down load speed from my ISP, in this case I chose 1100mbps, I think it's best to start a little on the low side, and gradually increase incrementally, while you will find the sweet spot :_)

JayR Cela :_)



No comments: