Friday, April 16, 2021

OpenSim HyperGrid : Some new Free Full Perm Zodiac style power boats now available

 Hi there everyone, I just wanted to let ya know I recently set out some new boats yesterday and would like to share them with my fellow OpenSim users. These particular boats are of the Zodiac style outboards typically seen accompanying Yachts. Haa man I wish / LOL :_).












    anyways these are Full Perm Freebie's, I don't recall where I found the original Cyan version, regardless I decided to use a different  motor script, reshaped and then replaced the root prim, changed the original Cyan color to Lime, Blue, Green and Dark, you can try various other color combinations yourself.  The main reasons I decided to discard the original script, the one I chose is better documented and has the auto return function built right into the script, meaning that once a driver dismounts, the boat returns to it's original launch position. This eliminates the need for the rezz boards I have been and  am still using now. This particular script  is the same one used in the wonderful Jet Ski's I obtained from my friend Shelenn Ayres of the IMA " Infinite Metaverse Alliance " and lead developer on the OpenSim HyperGrid enabled : grid.metaversedepot.com:8002 
























     I made 2 minor changes with this script, I increased the maximum speed from 4 gears to 6,and I don't really recall how I did that,

 also with the Zodiac's I changed the drivers view to be a bit closer over the shoulder from behind view as opposed to the Jet-Ski's further back and more from above view. This was a very interesting to experiment with, if your interested to try it yourself by finding the settings to edit in this section of code 

    {
    llSetCameraParams([
                       CAMERA_ACTIVE, 1,                 // 0=INACTIVE  1=ACTIVE
                       CAMERA_BEHINDNESS_ANGLE, 2.5,     // (0 to 180) DEGREES
                       CAMERA_BEHINDNESS_LAG, 0.3,       // (0 to 3) SECONDS
                       CAMERA_DISTANCE, 10.0,             // ( 0.5 to 10) METERS
                       CAMERA_PITCH, 12.0,                // (-45 to 80) DEGREES
                       CAMERA_POSITION_LOCKED, FALSE,    // (TRUE or FALSE)
                       CAMERA_POSITION_LAG, 0.0,         // (0 to 3) SECONDS
                       CAMERA_POSITION_THRESHOLD, 0.0,   // (0 to 4) METERS
                       CAMERA_FOCUS_LOCKED, FALSE,       // (TRUE or FALSE)
                       CAMERA_FOCUS_LAG, 0.0,           // (0 to 3) SECONDS
                       CAMERA_FOCUS_THRESHOLD, 0.0,      // (0 to 4) METERS
                       CAMERA_FOCUS_OFFSET, <2, 0, -1>   // <-10,-10,-10> to <10,10,10> METERS
                      ]);
    llForceMouselook(FALSE);
}

    The Zodiac is set to : CAMERA_FOCUS_OFFSET, <2, 0, -1> 
    The Jet-Ski is set to : CAMERA_FOCUS_OFFSET, <-5, 0, 0>





    















    I should also mention that  I have also disabled the " Where Am I - responder " script as well, by commenting out all of it's code.

  //
//integer WHERE_CHANNEL = -31415385;
//
//default
//{
//    state_entry()
//    {
//        llListen(WHERE_CHANNEL, "", NULL_KEY, ""); 
//    }
//
//    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string msg) 
//    {
//        if( msg == "where_report" )
//            llOwnerSay( "owned by " + llKey2Name( llGetOwner() ) + " is located at " + (string)llGetPos() );
//    }
//}


    The reason I did this is because the main motor script will not function if you simply delete the Where Am I - responder script from the object. My first attempt at this approach resulted in a script that refused to compile, I managed to solve the problem by Stopping  everything and adding back the Where Am I - responder script back into the root prim, then commented everything out in it, recompiled everything in MONO, Reset, and Run the script, I needed to do this  twice for some reason. Once I did that everything worked fine. It's very easy to re-enable this Where am I feature by simply stopping all the scripts, edit and un-comment  each line of the Where Am I - responder script, then recompile, reset, run and you should be good to go, you may need to do it twice, unfortunately.

      I have been experimenting with power boat scripts for a number of years now, and I feel this is an excellent example of a well done and at professional level quality, well commented script that I have run across so far. You can pick up you free copies of the new Zodiacs and the Jet-Ski's on The 3rd Rock Grid : the Great Central Lake region.

grid.3rdrockgrid.com:8002:Great Central Lake

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: