Tuesday, December 7, 2021

OpenSim~HyperGrid : Update : New Graphics Card for OpenSim on a $300.00 Budget

By Avatar JayR Cela

     Recently I was talking about my new PNY-Nvidia-Quadro T600 video card and how it works in OpenSim environments. This thing is a monster for my 3rd Generation Intel i7 3770 with 16 Gig of ram computer, it seems to be a good match for the computer a DELL Optiplex 7010 MT, with no discernable bottlenecks between the the 8 year old Intel i7 and the new GPU, it was an easy way to upgrade my HyperGrid user experience,while not emptying my bank account on an overpriced Nvidia RTX or AMD XT based card along with a power supply upgrade too.

    I paid $269.95+tax at NewEgg online and $24 for two Mini Display Port to DVI adaptors, so I was just a bit over my budget, I am very impressed with the results I am getting in OpenSim. In closing I would like to say, depending on your circumstances I would highly recommend the card.  

JayR Cela :_)



        

No comments: