Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Virtual World Client~Imprudence~ & "The InWorldz Grid" "Part 2"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Welcome back for part 2 of this 3 part series concerning the Imprudence Viewer, and the OS based InWorldz Virtual World Grid. Today we will visit my InWorldz sandbox and do a few random test performed using Imprudence. To be quite honest with you, I am not very familiar with either the viewer or the grid it's self. That being said, this should prove interesting.

    After a little bit of playing around, it is easy to see why The Imprudence viewer is becoming the client of choice for OS based VW's, there are literally tons of built in features designed to assist content creation. I found a number of them to be a bit awkward at first. But as with any complex piece of software, familiarity breeds excellence of one's usage abilities. As you can see from the opening screen shot, I am using the last stable build 1.3.1

    I highly recommend you enlarge each screen shot, in order to fully grasp how versatile this viewer actually is.













    One thing I found to be quite annoying, and this has nothing to do with Imprudence. Is that for some reason unbeknown to me, rezzing new objects while building does not allways place them where you would expect, as can be see here. I rezzed 2 simple building types, a cube and a cone. Oddly enough they managed to rezz themselves underneath my structure. No big deal for an experienced builder, but for a newcomer, this is one serious flaw that needs to be addressed, and one of the major reason's I never really took InWorldz seriously in the past.














    That being said, I think you be be thrilled to find out that the ridiculous 10m x 10m build parameter limitations imposed while creating structures when using SL, do not exist here in, InWorldz. Yayy !!! :_)












    There are so many building goodies packed into this viewer, as to be almost mind boggling. But very well documented, to say the least.





















  
     In closing, If you are already an Open Sim user, I would Imagine that your viewer of choice is currently Imprudence. If your thinking of exploring the OS universe and have been investigating the various viewer options. The Imprudence Viewer is an excellent place to stop looking, and start building.

JayR Cela :_)

P.S. Stop by tomorrow for Part 3. When I go InWorldz, and start exploring the places and people.
       Hope to see you then :_)

No comments: