Thursday, March 31, 2011

Virtual World Client~Imprudence~ & "The InWorldz Grid" "Part 3(a)"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Today I plan on using the Imprudence Viewer to just do a little sight seeing on the Open Sim based Virtual World, InWorldz. I don't really expect to run into very many residents this morning, it's 5:00am SLT ~or~ Pacific Mountain Time, and from the opening stat sheet, there are only 85 residents currently logged in. So let's get started.


















 


  Yesterday I mentioned the problem encountered while building and rezzing prims, that don't always appear where you expect them to. Here is another reason I have seldom visited the InWorldz Grid. A total lack of consistency with FPS performance.

    Sometimes it is downright unusable, barely able to squeak out 2 Frames Per Second, other times I have easily been able to achieve 15 to 20 FPS. Now I'm not the only person this happens to, it seems to be a common complaint. I have 1 SL friend ( a very accomplished content creator, builder ) who jumped on the IW bandwagon 2 years ago, lured in by low setup fee and the heavily discounted tier prices. He purchased several islands, but eventually left in disgust. After all, without consistency, you have a whole lot of Virtual Nothing !









    Anyways while I waiting to un-cloud, I going to turn on run Multiple Threads, and Fast Alpha via the Imprudence Advanced Menu.











         This is the main first time log in area for IW, the InWorldz Coffee Station, and general gathering area for socializing residents. A quick look at the Mini-Map shows 3 people in my vicinity.










    However my Statistic's readout still shows a dismal 2 FPS making this session unusable. This give's me a thought, I am going to log in and out of IW during the course of today. And break this Part 3 review into several sections Part 3 (a) (b) (c) etc. Ya'll come back now, hear ? :_)

JayR Cela

No comments: