Thursday, March 31, 2011

Virtual World Client~Imprudence~&~"The InWorldz Grid" "Part 3(b)"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Welcome back, I figured on waiting a few hours to see how IW's servers were doing. Hopefully better than they were this morning. But before I do that let me give you my test beds stat's first. My ISP connection tops out at 1.3mbps ( rather slow ) A 6 year old P4 capable of dual thread operation, 3 Gig Ram, SATA Hard Drive, and PCIE 512mb Nvidia 8400GS ( By no means State of the Art ) in other words, my rig gets the job done, nothing more, nothing less.

    So here we are, back at the IW Coffee Station, with 138 users currently logged in and 3 or 4  avatars within my general vicinity. I'm getting decent FPS so I guess I'll stick around for a bit. I meet one of the IW mentors, who promptly offers assistance. I think you will find most people in IW are extremely friendly. After all it is a relatively small community compared to SL, for that matter it is not uncommon to find that  quite a few people here are resident's of SL also.




      But





                        "First Thing's First, a trip to the Handy Dandy Free-Bee Shop"




















  



 Ok, now that I am loaded up with all sorts of new goodies, shape, skin, hair, shoes, eyes, and clothing, it's off to my sand box I go. / LOL :_)



















 

 
    Apply new shape and skin, hair, top and do some serious tweaking to the shape ( so I don't look like a cookie cutter noob ) and Wha-Laa ! Is like starting over in 2005 SL again. / LOL :_)

    But ya know what ? I have given this some serious thought today, and there is no way I can do a serious review of IW in 2 short day's. There for I am extending this series through the weekend. I intend to visit some clubs, beach's, scenic area's and various builds. So for the next 3 or 4 days I will be popping in and out of InWorldz, bringing you more picture's, and my opinion's.

    So if you are at all interested in IW, or a resident. By all means keep reading here, or even better yet perhaps we will meet on in other while I'm there. Thank's for reading.

JayR Cela :_)

P.S. As always, your comment's are welcome.

No comments: