Monday, October 31, 2011

The Dolphin Viewer 3.1.1.21151 : You Might Want To Wait

By Avatar JayR Cela

     I tested this viewer on 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04, and sad to say I ran into some rather odd problems. Of course originally it was built using SUSE Linux, so that may account for my difficulties.

    It does offer some additional features above and beyond the standard LL Viewer 3, but in my mind not enough to warrant installing it as a full time replacement viewer. More and likely better off to wait until the next release that will hopefully be built around the new User Interface currently under development by the Lab under the SnowStorm Project.












     Performance was typical on my machine, although slightly below the norm, only clocking in at an average 12fps. And as usual it suffers from all the same problems I have been complaining about for well over a year now in V2 ~V3, so there is no sense in repeating myself.














    I'll be looking forward to testing the next version, but for now this call's for immediate removal from my computer.

JayR Cela :(

No comments: