Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fixing the improvements "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."


By Selby Evans 

-

JayR said:

SecondLife "Chat & IM Log's will soon get FIXED !!!" "My next Major Bitch Is"~"Fix and Enable MUTE GROUP CHAT !!!"By Selby Evans 

http://jayrcelasecondlifetechnologist.blogspot.com/2011/03/secondlife-chat-im-logs-will-soon-get.html

============================
There were other problems with display names.  Back at the beginning of December, I posted this article:
-
Tech: Frigging the Friends List The excitement of display names
-
Strangers on your friends list
Missing friends 
--
The excitement of display names 
I changed my display name a while back.  Suddenly my friends saw Selby Evans where they had been seeing Thinkerer Melville.  Probably not much of a problem, because my friends know (I hope) that I run this blog under my legal name.
-
A much bigger problem showed up with one of my Russian friends.  He entered his name in Russian--Russian alphabet.  He does not appear on my friends list at all.   But he is on my friends list.
---------------------
I cited some more problems with the display names. I don't know whether the all problems have been fixed. I have since done my best to avoid dealing with display names. At the time I recommended tuning off the display names. I also noted that I had changed my display name to ThinkererSelby Evans.
=============
Ohj, yeah -- I have had a number of queries about how to mute group chat.  And I recall that it worked before, with the V1.x series.  
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
==================

No comments: