Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cypress Rosewood Contemplates New Radio Show

Well, as a result of making it through the great flood of 2010 in Nashville, TN, and recently getting another home and sort of settling down, Cypress Rosewood (the avatar name of composer/performer Tony Gerber) is actively scheduling concerts again in Second Life. After taking some time off a bit to relocate and get settled again in a new studio environment, he looks forward to continuing the collaborative whole sim performances with other Second Life artist/programmers like Kolor Fall, Tyrehl Byk, Earth Primbee, Menubar Memorial and more.

I was of course taken a back last night when the Lindens decided to restart the sim that Tyrehl and I were using for the encore performance of "Catch Yourself by Surprise - Ambient Tonalities and Particalizations." We did the first one of these last Saturday to a sold out sim with people unable to get in, hence the encore performance last night. After about 18 minutes, Lindens restarted the SIM, so basically, I just kind of restarted myself and came back to do a start from scratch, 1 hour show...

As I get resettled, I still have the option of doing another RL/SL radio show like "When World's Collide w/Cypress Rosewood" which had a great run from Jan. 2007 - Aug 2010 at the WRFN fm station here in Nashville. The WRFN studio is actually only 3 minutes from my new house... So perhaps I will come up with a new idea for a show soon. If time will allow....

Thanks JayR for letting me post here...

No comments: