Thursday, November 17, 2011

SecondLife : Why I Use Linux For Most SL Testing Purposes

By Avatar JayR Cela

 
    The Second Life Viewer is in such a constant state of ever changing flux, it is pretty much pure insanity to use the Windows Operating System environment for testing purposes of a constantly changing and various TPV versions of the SL viewer.

     Because most Linux systems rarely crash and burn. It's a plain and simple decision. If I trash out a Second Life install on a Linux box, I don't have to deal with all the odd ball Windows Registry garbage that unfortunately is left over, and a pain in the ass to clean up afterwards.

     On a Linux or Mac ( which is Berkeley Linux re-skinned ) machine it is not a problem, everything is self contained. So it is no big deal to do a simple clean up, and new installation of Second Life.

     Anyone that has been following this blog for awhile, probably already knows I do my best to test every new SL Viewer that I can.

     And RL reality does not allow me to currently afford the purchase of a Mac, So I use Linux.

 
JayR Cela :_)

P.S. I can build a generic Linux based PC for 1/2 to 1/3 the price of a Windows based computer or a Mac

HA- HA-HA

No comments: