Wednesday, June 11, 2014

SecondLife : ComputerLife : RealLife : 32 Bit Is Pretty Much A Dead Issue :_(

By Avatar JayR Cela

   Is sad to see, but 32 bit support is gradually fading into the annals of computer history, AMD64 or x-86_64 depending upon what you wish to call it has been around for about ten years or so, and it is nice to see some of the TPV's for SL embracing the 64 bit platform full steam ahead.

   My experience so far has been pretty good, the Kokua viewer is probably the best I have used recently. Singularity is very good as well but suffers from odd problems and invisi-prim's, ( in SL ) rendering my collection of shoes in SL pretty much unusable. FireStorm has not gotten the full treatment yet with the Project Interesting, or Project SunShine stuff, and the 32bit Linux version refuse's to run for me on KXStudio 14.04 or with Wine, I have been tempted to give Virtual Box a shot at running my favorite SL Viewer, not sure if it's worth the effort tho, a new one will be on the way soon enough.

    The Black Dragon Viewer / I think this guy NiranV really kinda kicked off all the 64 bit frenzy, however his viewer is a work in progress to say the least, with extremely high system requirements, and an ever changing User Interface, I would however love to see a Linux version again.

    So I am going to backtrack on a statement I made about a year ago, SecondLife System Requirement's, if you are still on a 32Bit computer, it may be time to start thinking about an purchasing a new one.

JayR Cela

No comments: