Friday, June 19, 2020

OpenSim : HyperGrid : Power Boats, Speed Boats and the "Realism Effect" Part 2

By Avatar JayR Cela

    My last post I was about to explain what I did with all of these wonderful free full perm boats. Well I am back to explain further, The first thing was tracking down varios scripts, lots of testing with them, eliminating to ones I did not care for, and then 2 other things.

     The terrain, and how would the boats react to the various environments I was experimenting with? Was it a River Run Race I wanted to create, or an Open Lake environment ? After quite a bit of testing I decided that in order that a truly competitive RIver Race event would require at least a 4x4 Var sim. and it proved  more of a job than I was willing to take on.  Eventually I decided on getting the 3RD Rock Grid Foundation to allow me to finnish up a 3x3 Region Zinnia Frenzy and I first hatched as an idea for Sailing, Kataramans, Kyacks and Jet Ski's.  a number of years ago.


    The key thing I have found with all of the testing I have done so far, it is the shape of the ROOT Prim as well as the boat you are trying to make behave realistically. The 2 of them have to be fine tuned to your particular environment. And not all Boats work properly with identically configured Root Prims. You have to fine tune each boat. The key is create a constant stable environment and adjust each boat accordingly to that stable environment.

    I got a few more things to say about this, I'll be back later on today to explain further...

 Stayed Tuned

JayR Cela :_)


No comments: